Monday, April 03, 2006

Beyond the Sea

Cruise quotes (the ones I can remember anyway):

Nat: *walking up to a bar full of strangers* Who's buying me a drink? *three guys offered*

Jess: NO! NO!

Nat and I met two rather creepy fellows who attempted to chat us up in the bar the last night.

Creepy Guy 1: So, what do you guys do?
Nat: We're writers for a magazine.
Creepy Guy 2: Oh, which magazine?
Jess: US Weekly.
Creepy Guy 1: Who was the coolest celebrity you've ever met?
Nat: well, I don't know about "coolest," but Celine Dion was the most interesting. She was "conserving her voice" and would tap out the answers to my questions on the table. "So, Celine, how are you enjoying your Vegas show?" *tap tap tappity tap* Then her handler would translate. "She likes it very much."

The previous conversation was greatly, greatly condensed, but it gives you an idea. :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

haha, nat is a great liar! next time you go on a cruise take meeee!

Me said...

Do you know how hard it was not to start laughing really loudly here at work as I read those?